You’ll need: sewing machine, measuring tape or ruler, tailor’s chalk, pins, cushion pad and old t-shirt.
- Lay your t-shirt flat on a table and measure to see what size cushion pad you need.
- For this little t-shirt (age 3) we used a 12inch square cushion pad.
- Using a tape measure and tailors chalk draw a straight line across the top of the t-shirt, just below the collar, then draw lines down the side of the t-shirt 12 inches across (draw the lines right down to the bottom hem)
- Pin along the chalk line then cut 1/2 inch from the line all the way around.
- Set your sewing machine to a stitch for sewing knitted (stretchy) fabric and starting at the bottom hem sew the three sides along your chalk line.
- Carefully trim close to the stitching
- Turn right sides out and place your cushion pad inside.
Place your finished cushion on a comfy chair, kick off your sandals and relax.
Why not keep those holiday memories close and get a few cushion pads in different sizes to make one each for all the family.
If you are a complete beginner why not come to Sew Sweet William in Killay and learn the basics of using a sewing machine and build your confidence with some easy step by step projects.
Sarah Davies – SEW SWEET WILLIAM 452 Gower Road, Killay, Swansea SA2 7ALWeb: www.sewsweetwilliam.co.uk Email: Sarah@sewsweetwilliam.co.uk Tel: 01792 204550 Mobile: 07817 526256