This is a fab soup to have in the fridge in the summer months. In Spain they eat it every day when the tomatoes are ripe and plentiful. Any type of tomato is good for this as long as they are very ripe and full of flavour. I like to serve this with a big bowl of salad and some garlic bread or croutons.
- About 1lb of tomatoes (I used cherry)
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 red pepper
- About a litre of veg stock (let it go cold)
- 2tbs of red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs olive oil
- A little black pepper if you fancy
- 1tsp paprika
- 1- 2tsp of fresh herbs – basil or mint are good.
Zap in a jug blender and chill until really cold
- Edamame beans (defrosted frozen ones are fine)
- Pomegranate kernels
- Green leaves such as spinach or rocket etc
- And I used some leftover tofu chunks in mine too.
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Juice of half a lemon
- Some almond milk
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- A little salt
Whisk all the ingredients together until amalgamated. Drizzle over the salad.
I serve the gazpacho in shot glasses but you can serve it in bowls.
For advice on vegan/vegetarian cooking and nutrition call Rachel on 07929 203653 or email firstname.lastname@example.org