This month’s recipe comes courtesy of Graffeg’s ‘Flavours of Wales – The Seaweed Cookbook’ by Gilli Davies with photographs by Huw Jones, as featured in Bay’s Dr Alyson Hitch’s book review.
- 400g raw king prawns, shelled
- 200g pasta
- 175g laverbread
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 dessertspoon olive oil
- Splash of white wine
- 1 heaped teaspoon tomato purée
- 150ml double cream
- Pinch each of salt and freshly grated nutmeg
- Cook the pasta in boiling water until al dente and strain.
- Fry the crushed garlic in the oil until soft but not brown then add the laverbread, wine, tomato purée, cream and seasoning. Stir well and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, griddle the prawns quickly until they turn pink.
- Combine the pasta with the sauce and prawns and serve immediately.