This month’s recipe from eatwelshlambandwelshbeef.com is the perfect comfort food and is kind to your purse as well as your soul. It will feed 4 hungry people but add more pasta and vegetables to make it go further if necessary.
- 250g extra lean minced Welsh beef
- Oil for frying
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 3 large carrots, finely diced
- 2 sticks celery, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g passata
- 600ml vegetable stock
- ½tsp dried oregano or mixed herbs
- ½tsp black pepper
- 100g dried small shaped pasta (for soup)
- Grated parmesan or cheddar cheese to serve
Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the vegetables and garlic and gently fry for 10 minutes until starting to soften and colour.
Add the minced Welsh Beef, increase the heat and cook for 5 minutes until browned.
Add the passata, stock, herbs and black pepper.
Cover and simmer for 15 minutes then add the pasta shapes and cook for approximately 10 minutes until the pasta is cooked. Add more stock if too thick.
Serve sprinkled with cheese and chunky wholemeal bread.